Tigerwood Industrial Parquet is a very economic, modern and robust Solid flooring product which we produce and have in stock at our warehouse in the United States (NJ).
The flooring is solid 14mm thick and is composed of 20mm wide strips laid side by side. The strips are 250mm long and are taped together to form 240mm wide tiles. The installation is a simple glue down, followed by sanding and finishing. The flooring can be installed as a full tile in a parallel pattern, or can be dismembered to be installed in a brick pattern.
Due to its composition from narrower pieces allied with the high density of Brazilian hardwoods, this wood flooring has a much superior mechanical strength, presents very limited dimensional variation and is very stable. This had made it earn the name of “Industrial Parquet”.
The final outcome of an installed floor utilizing this type of flooring is very impressive and provides a unique and modern design.
The main advantages presented by this flooring are :
1) Cost Effective :
-Produced utilizing wood pieces of all sizes increases considerably our production yield and thus allows us to offer this item to our customers at a very competitive price permitting its utilization in a wide range of projects.
- Suitable for both commercial and residential applications
2) Durable, Stable and Versatile :
By producing a narrow face width flooring, we are able to unite the extreme beauty and natural high density of Brazilian hardwood species, with the mechanical benefits which this size presents.
- Higher mechanical face strength – allowing all types of traffic.
- Very limited dimensional variation
- Total stability under point-pressure, e.g. very heavy furniture.
- No Tongue and Groove : can be sanded all the way down providing a much longer lifespan.
- Can be glued down on any level subsurface – slab, tile, ceramic or plywood underlayments.
- A considerably reduced step sound.
- Ease of Sanding, repairs replacement of strips
3) Modern Look :
- Provides an extremely modern look and unique design - can be applied in a wide array of designs as well as vertically as a wall covering.
- Very popular in Europe in countries such as the UK, Spain, Germany, Austria and Italy.
- Available in a range of Brazilian wood species varying from rich red colors such as Jatoba and Cabreuva, to the darker colors of Cumaru and Ipe.
- It has been used to a great extent in sports pavilions and other high traffic applications. However, for some time now, because of the different shades presented in the tiles and multiple creative options
Industrial Parquet has become popular amongst architects and interior advisors/stylists – and is currently being used for interior decoration, providing innovative character, personality and a dynamic air to rooms.
4) Environmentaly Friendly :
Produced using the full spectrum of sizes a tree provides and thus makes the best use of the prime material, avoiding waist.
Its long lifespan grants a much larger utilization cycle.
This type of flooring is perfect for use as a project floor in commercial buildings, residential buildings, shops, offices, restaurants, party locations but also as special design floor for private houses.
Why Tigerwood Flooring :
- Extreme long lifetime.
- High stability.
- Striking design.
- Suitable for project use.
- Unique appearance.
Glue-Down Installation :
Our Tigerwood Industrial Parquet flooring can be Glued on
any level subfloor with a suitable adhesive
Glue Down Installations are considered to be much easier than the nail / staple down hardwood floor installations. The glue down method can be done as a Do-It-Yourself Installation by most home owners,
by simply following the installation instructions. The greatest advantage of a Glue down installation is that it can be done on any sub floor. Unlike the Staple / Nail down method, which can only be done on a
wooden sub floor. You can install the hardwood floor directly on a concrete slab or on tile, ceramic or plywood underlayments.
Total stability and reduced step-sound
One main advantage is the total stability under point-pressure, e.g. very heavy furniture, heavy closets, pianos, etc.
A glued down hardwood floor does not display movement or weakness.
The step-sound is considerably reduced. The sound is absorbed by the sub-floor.
If sub-floor heating is installed, a glued down product will give less resistance to the transfer of heat compared to a floating system. It is however necessary to adhere to certain rules where sub-floor heating is installed.
Easy to handle when glued down
Relative humidity does not have the same immediate effect on a glued down floor as with floating floors.
Sanding and repairs of old glued down floors are simple. Replacement of strips is also easy when the boards are glued to the sub-floor.